About the Position
Real Mushrooms is currently looking for a Freelance Video Editor to join our content team and edit content for our YouTube channel (approximately 4 videos a month) and bring it to the next level.
This position is a remote position.
We are a fast-growing company dedicated to educating the public about the science of mushrooms, and in particular, medicinal mushrooms and how they can support overall wellness.
Real Mushrooms is a brand of medicinal mushroom extracts and is a leader in providing the highest quality and most potent organic mushroom supplements available on the market today.
There is a growing culture of mushroom-lovers given how fascinating these organisms are, and how much they can help our bodies adapt to stressors that affect our health. We want to reach and educate more people on the wonders of the fungi world, and to entice and hold people’s attention with novel and engaging information.
Our goals for 2021 include doubling our existing YouTube subscriber base (to 7000) and reach 4000 total watch hours. In order to reach these goals, we need the help of a video editor who can imbue the video interviews and educational content we produce with text, b-roll, animation, music, etc. to grab and hold the viewer’s attention.
Our existing YouTube channel videos are merely a starting point and we are looking for a video editor who has the vision to polish our video approach and make our content stand out and compellingly hold the attention of nature lovers, science nerds, and wellness aficionados alike.
- Edit videos using the best practices found in highly engaging educational YouTube channels in the self-improvement and wellness arenas.
- Listen to full-length interviews and talks and pick out the parts that are most inspiring, informative, and eye-opening. Create videos that will highlight the most engaging content and present information in compelling ways.
- Find music, sounds, and footage that goes with the interviews and talks to leave a lasting impact on our audience.
- Add creative text, titles, and graphics to make videos more engaging and interactive
- You may be asked to create snippet versions of the YouTube videos for our social media channels including Facebook and Instagram.
- Continually analyze partner and industry videos to see what’s working.
- Organize and keep track of all video files and submit work on deadline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience editing with Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- A portfolio of YouTube videos that you have edited.
- Experience with Google Drive, Google Docs, and Dropbox, or other file-sharing services.
- Understand elements of YouTube videos that help “hook” the audience and keep their attention.
- Ability to produce clean, modern, well-framed video visuals and relevant music/sound effects.
- The ability to create polished videos that need few revisions. Grammatical and spelling accuracy is essential, so excellent written skills are a must.
- Excellent organizational skills and timely communication with team members is necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work part-time remotely from home and from a personal computer/laptop.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can contribute to our vision, and want to be a part of our growing team, we encourage you to apply by sending us your resume, and more importantly, a cover letter to
Include a link to a portfolio of your work along with your resume and cover letter.
What to include in your cover letter:
- Tell us about yourself and why we need you on our team
- What do you think makes a video go viral on YouTube?
- Tell us about your favorite self-improvement/wellness channel, speaker or show!
- The word Reishi
- Your desired hourly rate in USD
We look forward to hearing from you.