Real Mushroom’s resident Naturopathic Doctor, Mason Bresett, assures us that while it may take a little courage to down a shot of this fire cider, the health benefits are well worth it.
In the video below, Mason explains why the ingredients are helpful for supporting the immune system and digestion and for keeping your body’s inflammation balanced as part of your fall and winter health plan:
Fire Cider Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced radish
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced garlic
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced onion
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced ginger
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced turmeric
- 1 habanero chili, split in half
- 1 orange, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pomegranate cut into 2 cm squares
- 1/2 lemon, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tbs 5 Defenders Mushroom Extract Powder
- 2 to 3 cups raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (at least 5% acidity)
Fire Cider Recipe Directions:
- Once all your ingredients are prepped, put them in the jar and completely cover with apple cider vinegar. A note on the apple cider vinegar: I like good quality, raw, organic product.
- Seal that jar up and store it at room temperature in a dark place.
- In 3-4 weeks, strain the vinegar and squeeze out any liquid that you can from the plant material. All those incredible constituents (healthful plant compounds) are going to seep out into the vinegar. Add honey to taste.
How to use this fire cider:
Store the liquid in the fridge and have a 1-ounce shot when you think of it — a dose of immune-supporting cleansing fire cider. Keep in mind this might be intense on an empty stomach.
Can you brave it?
If you have the spirit to make this fire cider and want to show the world that you can brave downing a shot of it, we invite you to share a recording of your feat to our Real Mushrooms Insider Group or tag us on Instagram @real_mushrooms—many impressed comments are in store!