The pairing of dark chocolate and medicinal mushrooms is such a unique combination. The health benefits of these two functional foods are wonderful. These mushroom chocolate bites can act as a little afternoon pick-me-up or when that dark chocolate craving hits. You can be sure that you are giving your body some clean-burning fuel to give you lasting energy without the sudden crash like most dark chocolate bars gives these days.
- 1 to 2 cups of dark chocolate chips (aim for 70% dark cacao content or more)
- 1 tsp 5 Defenders Mushroom Complex
- 1 tsp Real Mushrooms Lion’s Mane
- 1 tsp Real Mushrooms Cordyceps-M
- 1 Tbsp of Maca root
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of Raw Cacao powder
- 4 – 8 drops of Caramel stevia extract or monk fruit sweetener (granulated)
- Dash or two of cayenne powder
- 2 to 6 Tbsp of coconut oil (dependent upon how much mushroom chocolate you are making)
- Add dark chocolate and coconut oil to the pan at a low temperature to slowly melt the chocolate down.
- Once melted, add the powders and continue to mix and stir throughout once it is fully mixed in nicely.
- Add your sweetener of choice and mix again.
- Transfer the chocolate to an ice tray or chocolate mold and place in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, bring to room temperature. These chocolates could even be stored in the refrigerator too!
*Disclaimer: The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is intended for educational purposes. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by licensed medical physicians. Please consult your doctor or health practitioner for any medical advice.