Adaptogen is something you commonly hear about in today’s world and rightly so. But what exactly is an adaptogen and how can we benefit from these powerful compounds in the ever fast-paced world we live in today?
An adaptogen is commonly used in herbal medicine with the emphasis on balancing the physiological processes and encouraging of homeostasis within the body and mind. Some classic adaptogens you will typically come across are:
- Lion’s Mane
- Cordyceps Militaris
- Holy Basil
- Gotu Kola
Many of these adaptogens go back to Chinese and Ayurvedic healing traditions.
Now that you have a little background of what an adaptogen is. Are you looking for a new and different twist on your classic adaptogen latte to make in the morning or afternoon? You are in luck! Jordan of @jordanbrucerhn has crafter together this adaptogen latte masterpiece.
Let’s dive into the details that make this recipe shine!
– French press of organic coffee
– A big dollop of tahini, I opted for this over tahina
– 2 soft dates, I’ll try one next time
– Maca, if it works for your body
– 1/2 tsp Real Mushrooms Chaga extract
– He Shou Wu – I added it for some yin, to be more in touch with my feminine side, increase intuition and be more receptive to spirit ✨
– add all ingredients high-speed blender and enjoy!!
****You can learn more about Jordan Bruce’s work by clicking here: