The versatility and creative capacity of making homemade chocolate bark is pretty much endless if you ask me. Nettie of Nourishing Roots has done it again with this creative way to incorporate medicinal mushrooms in this spiced up version of the classic chocolate bark. Not only is it utilizing functional medicinal mushrooms like reishi and chaga. The recipe is further intensified by adding chili powder here. The benefits of medicinal mushrooms + chili is a wonderful combo worthy to make time and time again. Let’s get to the magic, shall we!!
- 1 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup of honey or coconut nectar
- 2 tsp of Real Mushrooms Chaga extract
- 2 tsp of Real Mushrooms Reishi 415 extract
- 1 tablespoons CBD oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Make a double boiler. Mix melted coconut oil, CBD, tahini and honey together until well incorporated.
- Add cacao, chili powder and mushroom extracts and mix until the chocolate is smooth
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour the chocolate on top
- Sprinkle with almonds, sea salt or whatever strikes your fancy
- Move to the fridge or freezer and let it set
- Cut with a knife and store in the refrigerator
- Indulge and relish in the love of cacao either by yourself or with your honey!