In need of a different take on the classic energy bites recipe that typically calls for dates and some kind nut or seed. Here at Real Mushrooms HQ, we have been experimenting with different medicinal mushrooms of all kinds for an energy bite recipe. In this recipe, chaga extract pairs beautifully with the nutty flavor of hemp seeds and caramel sweetness from the dates. The balance of chaga, which gives an earthy tone and the slight bitterness from the cacao really bring this recipe up a notch. I think you guys will really enjoy this one! Let’s get down to business. Shall we?!
- 1 to 1.5 cups packed pitted dates (medjool is ideal here)
- 2 cups pecans
- 6 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 to 4 Tbsp hemp seeds (plus more for rolling at the end of the recipe)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Real Mushrooms Chaga extract
- 3 Tbsp creamy almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (not necessary – but lends for some extra goodness!!)
- First, add dates to a high-speed blender and blend till the dates are pretty blended up.
- Once done take the dates out and add in the pecans next. Blend this up till they turn to little pieces.
- After that, add in the cacao powder, nut or seed butter of choice, chaga extract, sea salt, and coconut oil if desired! Blend everything up till it begins to bind together and turn more dough like.
- Take the energy bite dough and place in the fridge for roughly 10-20 minutes.
- Take out the dough and roll the dough into energy bites or small size energy bars, Whatever suits your fancy here!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us @realmushrooms for a chance to be featured! We would love to see your creation!
*Disclaimer: The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is intended for educational purposes. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by licensed medical physicians. Please consult your doctor or health practitioner for any medical advice.