Marisa Chaela of MissFitandNerdy has put together a delicious brownie creation that contains the heart-healthy benefits of cacao and the adaptogenic enhancing benefits of Reishi mushroom and Ashwagandha.
This yummy treat would serve will with some grass-fed vanilla ice cream and/or coconut based ice cream depending on your preferences!
Did you know that Reishi mushroom naturally has a bitter taste to it?! This is in part due to the high triterpenes present in Reishi mushroom. This mushroom pairs beautifully in cacao themed desserts and tonic drinks. We definitely recommend adding our Reishi extract to your desserts as well as tonic drinks too! Let’s jump into the recipe below:
Paleo Special Brownies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 60 g chocolate, such as Real Mushroom’s Chocolate
- 20 g cacao butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp real mushrooms reishi 415
- 1 tbsp ashwagandha
Optional: crushed pecans, cashew butter, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Spread light layer of coconut oil over brownie baking pan.
- Add coconut oil, cacao powder, chocolate, and cacao butter to double boiler and heat until melted then remove from heat and pour into cool bowl. Allow to cool to a temperature that is safe to touch.
- Pour in honey, maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour mix into 1.5-inch thick brownie trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Disclaimer: The information or products mentioned in this article are provided as information resources only, and are not to be used or relied on to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information does not create any patient-doctor relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. The information is intended for health care professionals only. The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is intended for educational purposes. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by licensed medical physicians. Please consult your doctor or health practitioner for any medical advice.