A healthy, refreshing, and immune-boosting twist on a chocolate cake – packed with veggies and medicinal mushrooms to keep you feeling strong, healthy, and happy.
Cake for breakfast? Why not! Especially when it’s a grain-free, paleo Peppermint Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake!
The name may be a mouthful, but it’s a mouthful of immune-boosting health and taste-bud happiness. Loaded with ingredients like sweet potato, avocado, and Real Mushrooms 5 Defender Mushroom Extract, this chocolate cake is one that ticks the “good enough for breakfast” (or any time of the day!) box.
As mentioned earlier, this cake also ticks the “immune-boosting box” thanks to the blend of organic extracts of Reishi, Shiitake, Maitake, Turkey Tail mushrooms, and Chaga found in the Real Mushrooms 5 Defenders. You can find more details about what each mushroom does for you in this article, 7 Medicinal Mushroom Benefits for Health.
The bottom line is immune health, brain and nervous system support – all wrapped in a delicious, veggie-loaded chocolate cake.
Let’s move onto what really matters. The breakdown of the recipe.
Peppermint Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake
- 1 medium roasted sweet potato
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of “5 Defenders Tea” – blend of ½ cup hot water and 1-2 tsp Real Mushrooms 5 Defenders
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon real salt
- 1-3 TB monk fruit sweetener depending on how sweet you like desserts (I used 2 TB and felt they were quite sweet, my husband thought they were perfect. You can also substitute your favorite granular sweetener like coconut sugar.)
- Peppermint essential oil (4 drops – I used Young Living)
*always be sure to use food-grade essential oils
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make your 5 Defenders Tea by mixing 1 heaped tsp of Real Mushrooms 5 Defenders Mushroom Extract with 1/2 cup of hot water. (You can even try doing 2 heaped tsp for a more intense flavor and medicinal effect). Set tea aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mash together roasted sweet potato, avocado, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and the 5 Defenders Tea.
- Into the same bowl, add the coconut flour, cacao, salt, baking soda, monk fruit sweetener, and 4 drops peppermint oil.
- Mix until well combined and there are no clumps.
- Pour mixture into a lined 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Top with some coconut cream or whatever fun, delicious toppings you want! And enjoy!
Disclaimer: The information or products mentioned in this article are provided as information resources only, and are not to be used or relied on to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information does not create any patient-doctor relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. The information is intended for health care professionals only. The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is intended for educational purposes. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by licensed medical physicians. Please consult your doctor or health practitioner for any medical advice.