What happens when you combine three well-known ingredients into one recipe. You get Peppermint Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake.
Cathryn Fowler always knows how to create such unique and deeply nourishing recipes that are sure to inspire and optimize our mind, body, and soul. She was able to sneak in some medicinal mushrooms for immune support. It doesn’t much better than this! Let’s move onto what really matters. The break down of this divine recipe.
- 1 medium roasted sweet potato
- 1/4 cup mushed avocado
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of “5 Defenders Tea”**
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon seal salt
- 1-3 TB monk fruit sweetener depending on how sweet you like desserts (I used 2 TB and felt they were quite sweet, my husband thought they were perfect. Next time, I’ll probably use 1 TB.) You could also try a few dates or another sweetener if you don’t like monkfruit.
- Peppermint essential oil (4 drops – I used Young Living)
- To make 5 Defenders Tea: Mix 1 heaped tsp of Real Mushrooms 5 Defenders mushroom blend with 1/2 cup of hot water. (You can even try doing 2 heaped tsp for a more intense flavor and medicinal effect). Also, if you don’t have 5 Defenders on hand, you can sub another adaptogen/mushroom/or even Dandy Tea – let me know if you try that out!
- In a bowl, mash together roasted sweet potato, avocado, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and 5 Defenders Tea.
- Into the same bowl, add dry ingredients (coconut flour, cacao, salt, baking soda, monk fruit sweetener). If adding the peppermint, add 4 drops peppermint. Mix together.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with some coconut cream or whatever fun, delicious toppings you want! And enjoy!
*Disclaimer: The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is intended for educational purposes. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by licensed medical physicians. Please consult your doctor or health practitioner for any medical advice.