With the flu and cold season in full swing. Nourishing our bodies and mind is even more critical to safeguard ourselves from these nasty little viruses and bacteria. The ideal food that comes to my mind is medicinal mushrooms. Think of mushrooms like the following:
All of these medicinal mushrooms play a role in supporting and enhancing our immune system in a variety of unique ways along with nourishing various organs of the body. What’s not to love here!?
Let’s move onto the recipe portion!
Allison of flabstofitness has hands down one of the most delicious sounding mocha drinks you can dream of. Let’s get started!!
- 1 cup organic coffee of choice
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Mocha Creamer
- 1/2 tsp chaga extract
- 1/2 tsp organic ceylon cinnamon
- stevia to taste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cordyceps-m extract, if you’re already sick + need mental endurance to continue working (obviously not recommended, but sometimes you’ve gotta do it!)
- Brew your coffee with your preferred method of choice
- Add 1/2 of the coffee and all the other ingredients to a coffee mug and blend using an immersion blender or milk frother!
- Add the rest of the coffee and froth the top of the drink. Enjoy!! 🙂 Please be sure to tag @flabstofitness and @real_mushrooms! We would love to see your creations!
Disclaimer: The information or products mentioned in this article are provided as information resources only, and are not to be used or relied on to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information does not create any patient-doctor relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. The information is intended for health care professionals only. The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is intended for educational purposes. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by licensed medical physicians. Please consult your doctor or health practitioner for any medical advice.